Sunday, December 7, 2014

Snowman

Hi Friends,

Today I'm posting a card with one of my all-time favourite stamps - Mo's Snowman with cardinal. I just love this image, it can work with any background and any colour scheme. I've colored it with Prisma pencils, used some Versa chalk ink to colour the image's background and then added some Glamour Dust glitter around, for additional sparkle. My challenge with this card was the puffy snow under the snowman. I haven't used the snow liquid for about a year (lol), so it became quite thick. So, here is me, done with the card, trying to add this little final touch, and the bottle just wouldn't cooperate!!!! It took me about 30 minutes to clean up the bottle's nozzle, then thin out the snow liquid for that final 30 seconds touch to the card... By the time the nozzle was cleaned, I was so frustrated that decided not to bother with researching what will work to thin the snow liquid, so just added plain water to see if that would work. It worked pretty well at the end, and now my snow liquid is running and puffing when heat is applied :-)

Oh, and after taking the picture, I realized that the twigs were uncolored! That's now fixed :-)
I'm entering it into three (wow!!) challenges - Mo's Snow or Snowflake theme, Simon's Christmas/Holidays theme, and Lia's Sparkle or Metallic theme.

Thank you for dropping by!


3 comments:

  1. Love the ribbon treatment, "snow" and layering! Well done, Olga! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I am loving the texture. Thank you for sharing this with us at Lia Stampz. Good luck!
    Erum
    Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I see a lot cards with fake snow, I love that so much on cards!
    Yours looks super cute with that snowman :)
    Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

    ReplyDelete