Monday, February 18, 2013

JustRite Sketch Challenge

Hi friends,

Today I'm posting a few cards for the ongoing JustRite Friday Challenge, which this week is to use a sketch. It's a great occasion - well, half of work is done for you :-) Just need to fill the sketch as you see it. And here are my cards - I created a set of three in various colours, using Warm & Cozy Medallion Labels by JustRite, along with a set of compatible die templates. I stamped images in VersaMark, heat embossed with gold embossing powder, then cut out layers by hand. I've added some sparkle to each card with ultra-fine glitter and some bling :-) The blue card is a bit different - I used a piece of ShimmerSheetz for one of the layers instead of brown cardstock, embossed it and sanded a bit to have the embossing part pop up a bit. Layers cutting by hand was labourous, but, hey, it's a fair trade for a sketch, don't you think? :-) What I found out about myself making this posting is that I'm a REALLY bad photographer. The ribbon looks white in the pictures, while it's off-white and coordinates perfectly with the creamy background paper... And the sparkle is almost invisible... And layers are not as prominently popping in the pictures as they are in reality... Oh, well... Maybe I'll take a class or a couple to learn how to use camera properly... And here are my cards. Thank you for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. Your cards are so lovely!

    I just ordered the Warm & Cozy Medallion Label stamp set...I hope mine turn out half as nice as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olga, your cards are beautiful. I love how you layered that stamp and the gold heat embossing. Now I need to buy that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trio of cards! I have the same issue with my photos. It has a lot to do with lighting and a lot to do with your camera settings for sure! Great job thought! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work with the layering; those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful Olga. I'm so glad you were a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Olga! Congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete