Tuesday, August 7, 2012

JustRite Christmas

Hi friends,
My summer seems to be the busiest time of the year :-) I cannot believe I haven't touched my craft supplies for about two months! Well, I had to complete my Master's, which I finally did with a huuuuge sigh of relief. If you ask me whether I now have more spare time, I'll tell you that not even a nanosecond had been freed up... My house needs a thorough cleaning, my lawn needs watering and weeding daily, and that's on top of the two energizers running around and requiring ALL the time and attention I have. My craft room is kind of an abandoned activity for the moment. I hope that once the lawn time and house cleaning are over, I'll just have time for myself. I guess I'm a bit too optimistic... I'm on vacation this week, and that seemed to do a trick with the "free" time (lol!). Today, I'm submitting a card to JustRite biweekly challenge, which currently is Christmas in July. When I have time (well, even when I don't have time), I try to find a way to use the tiniest die templates and stamps - it's all about playing around, right? JustRite used to carry diecutting templates to match their original sentiment sets. I have a set which is probably called Nested Sentiments (cannot recall better, and cannot find the set on JR website). I die-cut 18 tiny flowers, embossed them, then  added glue and lavender Glitter Ritz to the embossed  areas and used them to embellish the circle with the main image on the card. That was quite time consuming, but I love the result! The stamp I used for my card is from the Christmas Ornaments set. Enjoy your summer, and thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful non-traditional holiday card and perfectly color! Thank you for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this set and your non-traditional colors and my DD would too!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors..Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog recently, I am so grateful for your visit! have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete