Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Butterfly for Spring

Hi there,

Today I am posting a card for JustRite challenge Spring Fling, where we're to use a butterfly and springy colours. So, here is my creation. It took me a while to make it, but I had this idea of stitched background in mind for a long time, and here it is, found its way on a card. I've used one of the tiniest stamps from JustRite's Kindness set (one of my all-time favourites) for the background, heat embossed the image with sparkling clear powder, then stitched with silk light purple thread. Oh, I should have mentioned that I custom-coloured the background piece with Paper Soft ink by Viva Decor in cream, light blue, lilac and apricot colours. I love the way this ink transitions into each other - so smooth and silky... yummm... And the main image is from JustRite's springy set (which I cannot locate on their site; must've been discontinued). Hope you like the card, and thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. So soft and pretty! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at JustRite Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete