Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Bit of Green

Today I'm participating in Mo Manning's challenge " A bit of Green". I'm excited as this is my first ever attempt to participate in Mo's challenges! I've got quite a few digital stamps from her, and I absolutely love each and every one of them! They're all true pieces of art! And they're so much fun to colour too! Well, here is my greenish/pinkish submission. I've used an accordion-folding technique for the background, which I learned from super-talented Becca Feeken, who always shares tips on her cool creations. I've only adjusted Becca's technique a bit to make the pleats a bit narrower and used 1/16 of an inch on Martha Stewart's scoring tool. It's quite time consuming, I must admit, but the result is totally worth it :-)

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is a gorgeous creation! LOve the accordian folding inside the frame. Awesome!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to join us at Mo’s DP2! We really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olga...this is gorgeous!! I love the accordian pleat effect...I am definitely adding that to my list of "must learn" techniques! And what a gorgeous way to showcase this adorable little Mo Manning image! And your coloring is so pretty!! I'm so tickled that you've joined us for our challenge this week. I am so looking forward to seeing more of your adorable cards at Mo's weekly challenges!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is cool. It was worth the time. Love the look it gives your card. Thanks for joining us at MO's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness this is an amazing card ~ Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Olga, this is gorgeous. Love your coloring and design. Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete