Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Irina

Today's my mother-in-law's birthday, and this is a card I created for her. A couple of things I absolutely had to try out on this card. One is the Tim Holtz's tattered flowers die I've been contemplating for a while and now had a chance to use. Another is Glitter Ritz that I applied to both flower petals (three different colours) and its stem (Cool Highlight on green paper). The third item is the stamp by Waltzing Mouse compatible with the Spellbinders dies. It took me a bit of time to figure out the cuttings/glue application to the die-cuts so that it all worked together. Now, that I've got the grasp of the tools/techniques, I can say that the card is relatively simple and shouldn't take more than 20 min to put together :-) Hope Irina, my mother-in-law, enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment